Questions tagged [renyōkei]

連用形. An inflection of verbs and adjectives known by various names in English, including "continuative form", "infinitive", "the stem", "conjunctive form", and even "Vmasu form" (since it's the form that appears before 〜ます, although of course this name doesn't work for adjectives). Sometimes called 中立形 in Japanese. Formed with -i for consonant-stem verbs, -∅ for vowel-stem verbs, and -ku for adjectives.

1 question with no upvoted or accepted answers
Filter by
Sorted by
Tagged with

Verb Stem vs. の Nominalizations

I've been wondering about the difference between verb stem (e.g. 話) vs. の (e.g. 話すの) nominalizations. From what i gather, both nominalizations refer to different things. It seems the verb stems refer ...