Context: MC had accepted a proposal from a clan leader, that he'll become her husband. After that the clan leader had to leave, but she had ordered another girl who's also her wife (yuri-nice ^^) to come and serve a meal for MC.

This girl don't want MC to become the "new" husband of her husband, so while MC is eating she asked him to withdraw his promise and leave the country.

Hope someone can explain to me the correct meaning of his thought here.

(気組みを外してみたものの……どう対応したものだろうなー……) (my guess : "Though I tried to remove her hostile attitude... How should I respond to her ..." but I'm not sure)

Girl「……あなたに久遠の夫が務まるとは思えませんが」

ストレートだなぁ。敵意を隠そうともしないし。こういうタイプ、苦手なんだよなぁ……。

Girl「あなたにあの子の何が分かるのです?……気楽な気持ちで受けたのならば、すぐに撤回し、この国から出て行ってくれませんか」

MC「……………………(モグモグ)」

Girl「ちょっと、あなた。私の話、聞いているの?」

MC「あの」

Girl「何でしょう?出て行くつもりになりましたか?」

MC「ご飯、おかわりもらって良いですか?」

Girl「え!?あ、​ ……どうぞ」

差し出したお椀を両手で受け取り、お櫃からご飯をよそってくれる、帰蝶と名乗った少女。

MC(お椀の受け取り方といい、ご飯のよそい方といい、丁寧にやってくれるなー……)

ということは、だ。俺に出て行け、と言うのは、感情的なところからの発言じゃなくて、もっと理性的な判断ってことだろう。

MC(気組みを外してみたものの……どう対応したものだろうなー……)

織田久遠の妻と名乗ったからには、この女の子も、織田家中で偉い立場の人だろう。

その人が理性的な判断から、俺に約束を反故にし、この国から去れ、というなら、それは一考しなくちゃならないだろう。

1 Answer 1

気組みを外す is not a common set phrase, but 気組み is readiness or alertness rather than hostile attitude. From the context, I think this 気組み refers to MC's own attitude, and the sentence means that MC let down his guard and became more relaxed.

• there's no subject in the sentence , so i thought MC are talking about the girl , not himself ? Also i don't see MC are showing "readiness" or "alertness" or "let his guard down" to the girl ? (because he's eating)
    – 4chan user
    Feb 28, 2023 at 22:37
    @casualreader Hmm, on second thought, you might be right if MC is a smart person and said おかわりもらって良いですか on purpose to calm her down. 気組みを外す is not something I have seen before, so I can only guess as well.
    – naruto
    Mar 1, 2023 at 0:07

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .