Context/conversation added:

友達さん: ヒカリちゃん、なんでアニキにだけちょっと怖いも?

ヒカリちゃん: ふーん?あんたもビリビリされたいってわけ!?

ヒカリちゃん is a so-called ツンデレcharacter. アニキ is the main character of the story and ヒカリちゃん is noticeably harsher with him than with anyone else. 友達さん is curious as to why and the above is how she responds. 友達さん has a verbal quirk in where he ends his sentences with も. It is not the particle も so please treat the sentence as “なんでアニキにだけちょっと怖い ? “ .

I’m curious about the meaning of ビリビリ in this case. Any thoughts are very much appreciated. My apologies for the trouble.

• Does this character have anything to do with electricity?
    – Angelos
    Feb 15, 2023 at 15:30
  • She is a light and fire character, but the localization translated the exchange the following manner: “"Hikari-chan, why you only mean to Aniki?" Hm? You'd rather I was mean to you?"
    – Magna
    Feb 15, 2023 at 17:18

2 Answers 2

ビリビリ is an onomatopoeia for electrical shock, so it means "You wanna get an electric shock, too?" It's either she has an ability related to electricity, or she has used a tool to give アニキ an electric shock.

EDIT: It's not strictly limited to electricity, but can be used to describe plasma discharge, laser beam, dangerous sonic/radio wave, etc. ヒカリ's attacks can also be described using ビリビリ.

• She is a light and fire character, but the localization translated the exchange the following manner: “"Hikari-chan, why you only mean to Aniki?" “Hm? You'd rather I was mean to you?"
    – Magna
    Feb 15, 2023 at 17:20
  • The character is Mythra from Xenoblade 2, as I've just figured out, and this is a post-battle conversation between her and Tora. She doesn't have electric powers as far as I remember, nor does she ever shock Rex with anything, so there's no greater context to go on. kamikouryaku.com/xenoblade2/…
    – Angelos
    Feb 15, 2023 at 18:29
    @Magna Her way of attacking (energy discharging) can be described as ビリビリ.
    – naruto
    Feb 16, 2023 at 0:34

I don't know much about the character, but, Hikari-chan is ツン to aniki, and gives him an electrical-shock as a part of her harshness to him. The friend asks her why she is acting so harsh only to him, (maybe 'も' is just expressing questioning tone.) and she replied as 'so you want to be attacked with my electricity, too, do you?' And it might just mean "none of your business", or "don't say unnecessary."

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .