I found these phrases reading and didn't get if they were a verb form, conjugation or what, I neither could find them on a dictionary. I assume they are colloquial forms of speaking and this is the context of each one:

1. あんた学校どうする?念のため休んどいてもいいけど

2. 何か違うんだろうか

3. 考えんのやめよ

2 Answers 2

1. 休んどいてもいい is a colloquial contraction of 休んでおいてもいい. See this chart. 休んで is the simple te-form of 休む, but a te-form may be "fused" with a following subsidiary verb and look different.
  2. 違うんだろう is the dictionary form of the verb 違う, followed by an explanatory-の, followed by だろう for inference.
  3. 考えんの is a colloquial contraction of 考えるの, which is 考える with a nominalizer. See this rule.

Here are translations in case you need:

1. 念のため休んどいてもいいけど
    = 念のため休んでおいてもいいけど
    It's fine to have a day off just in case.
  2. 何か違うんだろうか
    = 何か違うのだろうか
    I wonder, is it that something is different?
  3. 考えんのやめよ
    = 考えるの(を)やめよう
    I'm gonna stop thinking (about it).
    thank you! I kinda guessed the first one, but that ど instead of で lost me completely. Again, thank you. Oct 27, 2022 at 23:59
    I had some more doubts written down and they were solved thanks to that te + subsidiary verb contraction explanation you gave me. Oct 28, 2022 at 1:07

「休んで」of「休んでおいてもいい」 sometimes change to 「休んど」 in spoken language becuase the next Hiragana of 「休んで」 is 「お」. 「え e」drops from「休んでおいて Yasundeoite」, so it becomes to 「休んどいて Yasundoite」in this case.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .