I Can't understand the difference between として and ように.

What is the difference between these word?

examples:

として:
私は君を友達として愛している。
I love you as friend.

ように:
私は君を友達ように愛している.
I love you as friend.

Both として and ように can have multiple meanings. You need to give some specific examples that are causing you confusion. May 24 at 22:00
  • Yes, sorry. For ex. usage of として:私は君を友達として愛している。I love you as friend. And ように:私は君を友達ように愛している
    – askella
    May 24 at 22:14
    You can edit your question. So I think you should add these example to your question.
    – Qwj_38
    May 24 at 22:16
  • If you want to say "I like you very much as a friend (but not as a romantic partner)", 愛している is a wrong word choice. 愛している is a very big word and should not be used like a drop-in replacement of "to love (pizza, programming, etc.)" 君を友達として愛している sounds like a riddle to me.
    – naruto
    May 25 at 7:00

1 Answer 1

「〇〇として」と言う意味は、一般的には「〜であるものと見て」や「それ相応の価値で何らかのアクションを起こしている(それがその人のやるべきことである)」などの意味で使われることが多いです。

英語だとasなどの単語で表現できるかと思われます。

一般的には以下の様なスラングで使われています。

例文:

・彼は医師としてこの病院に配属している。

・救急隊としてこの使命を果たす。

・絶対に倒して見せる。戦士として

対して、「〇〇のように」の意味はあるものを比較して、それと類似性があることを示す時によく使われるスラングです。 他にも、ある物事を他の物に例えて表現したいときに使われます。(simile)

英語ですと〜likeなどの単語で表現できます。

例文:

・彼女はチーターのように足が早い。

・彼はアインシュタインのように頭がいい。

・いいだろう!! 今度は木っ端微塵にしてやる!! あの地球人のように!!!

ちなみにこれらの単語の3つ目の例文は漫画で実際に使われたことのあるスラング、またはよく似たようなスラングが使われるものです。

漫画や日常会話で使いたいなら3つ目の様な使い方も覚えておくと日本語力がグッと上がります。

• Thank you much, problem was in my english, because i didn't know difference between as and like
    – askella
    May 24 at 22:44
  • Oh LOL. As and like are prepositions or conjunctions. The prepositions as and like have different meanings. As + noun means ‘in the role of’, like + noun means ‘similar to’ or ‘in the same way as’.
    – Qwj_38
    May 24 at 23:17
  • 「あの地球人のように」?・・・
    – dungarian
    May 25 at 0:21
  • ああ、すみません。これは[トラゴンボール]と言う漫画の1コマで、すごく有名な言葉です。敵が味方の敵を爆発で暗殺した後に、お前も木っ端微塵にしてやるよ、あの地球人(爆死された主人公の味方)のように  と言うふうに使われています。 意味をよく知らない人から見たら衝撃的だったかもしれませんね、ごめんなさい笑
    – Qwj_38
    May 25 at 0:24
    Of course he got very angry lol. He said " You mean Krillin (his name) -!!!!"
    – Qwj_38
    May 25 at 0:47

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .