When I translate something I get the following structure for simple sentence

subject+"wa"+object+"wo" (google translate uses "o" whereas grammatical sources use wo)+verb (that's the reading in romaji)

subject+は+object+を+verb

Japanese said not to read Romaji cause that will change the pronunciation of a particle's/character's. But while reading grammar they also used "wa" rather than "ha".

enter image description here

Should one pronounce that " ha" rather than "wa"?

I think recommendations not to read romaji are based on the fact that your native language will influence the way you imagine they sound, rather than getting a fresh perspective on the kana. The fact that は is wa or ha in romaji is not the same kind of "changing."
    – Leebo
    May 13 at 23:58

1 Answer 1

It's an exception. When は is used as a particle, it's pronounced "wa". But it's still written as は.

As for を, both pronunciations "o" and "wo" exist. I heard them both in Japan, although I'm not sure if it's a regional thing, or a generational thing, and so on.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.