What is the meaning of かけやがりまして in 勝手にヒーリングをかけやがりまして? Should I read it as かけ + やがりまして? If so, what would the inflection of やがる(り)+ まして mean when used together with かけ? And what would the meaning of かけitself be?

I checked in the dictionary and it seems to mean "Credit", but "To have the nerve of credit(?)" doesn't seems to make sense.

1 Answer 1

• 勝手に in this context means "without someone's permission", "all by himself", etc.
  • かけ is the continuative form of かける, which is "to cast (a spell)". It's the verb you need to use with a magic spell. For example, 魔法をかける means "to cast a spell/magic". See the 14th definition here.
  • やがり is the continuative form of やがる, an auxiliary verb used to express disdain. It's like adding a sense of "darn" or "f**king" to the main verb. This means the healing spell was somehow annoying to this speaker. See:
  • ます is just a polite marker. Maybe this person is reporting this event to his boss?

勝手にヒーリングをかけやがりまして
[He] cast a healing (spell) without [my] permission!

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.