I've been having a hard trying to find how to say this in Japanese without it sounding weird. I don't know enough Japanese to say it which is why I wanted to know if anyone knew. As in, "he's flexing his arms in the video" or "she flexes her arm in the picture".


1 Answer 1


It is far from a multi-purpose replacement for the phrase "flex one's arm", but if you mean a specific kind of pose below, we usually say 力{ちから}こぶを作る.

力{ちから}こぶ ("force bulge") is the word for the bumped muscle when you put your strength on that body part, and typically refers to that of biceps.

flex arms


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .