I'm trying to understand this post on using Japanese adjectives and am stumped by this paragraph under the I-adjectives section

When you use i-adjectives as a subject complement, you MUST NOT do the same thing you do with na-adjectives. The variety of form is called “conjugation.” Using conjugation in place is significantly important when learning Japanese.

I have absolutely no clue what it is referring to by 'the same thing' and would appreciate any explanations

• It must be referring to this earlier statement about na-adjectives: When you use a na-adjective as a subject complement, it will work in the same way as Japanese nouns. Isn’t it just saying i-adjectives don’t work like that and you have to change their forms?
    – aguijonazo
    Oct 18 at 2:21
    I think the writer might not be a native speaker of English, because it's definitely an awkward paragraph.
    – Leebo
    Oct 18 at 2:39
  • I agree the paragraph is slightly awkward. aguijonazo your response makes sense, I think I will assume that's what they meant until I study them again in the future in more depth Thank you
    – holly
    Oct 18 at 3:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.