In Tokyo Dialect, they transform some i-adjectives so that they become

sugoi - suggee/sugee

yabai - yabee

itai - ittee

/

is there any in na-adjectives? Like

shizukana shizukka

genkina - genkki

I'm confused why you're hypothesizing gemination of the final occurring constant. Are you suggesting that しずかなところ would be rendered しずっかところ? That would surely be interesting. Have you heard this sort thing in spoken speech? There are cases where の, as the possessive marker, is spoken as ん and others where a final る is spoken as ん.
    – A.Ellett
    Oct 7 at 12:46

Short answer is no, AFAIK.

However, if I may go beyond your restriction of "na-adjectives", things get interesting.

For example, daikon だいこん is pronounced as deekon でーこん. Daikon is not an adjective, but you see a similar pattern as sugoi / sugee.

BTW, this is not limited to Tokyo-ben. We say Okayama-ben turns "daikon taitoite" だいこんたいといて (i.e. 大根を炊いておいて) into "deekon teeteete" でーこんてーてーて. In fact, Okayama おかやま itself can be pronounced as Okyaama おきゃーま.

So when you mention "In Tokyo Dialect, they transform some i-adjectives so that they become...", well, it's not just Tokyo Dialect, and it's not just adjectives.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.