From here: https://nihongomaster.com/japanese/dictionary/word/41934/teisei

訂正しろ、今すぐ。 Translation: Take that back, right now!

("Take that back" as in taking back what you said.)

Can 訂正 be used this way? Is this phrase commonly used?

1 Answer 1


A dictionary entry has the example : 発言を訂正する. So it can be used in the situation like the question. But I would use 取り消せ to mean take that back.

Possibly, if you have in mind how it should be corrected, 訂正しろ might sound natural.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .