I have 2 questions related to the following sentence :

のみならず、新聞記者を相手に、ほらを吹いたり、自分の話が何々氏談などとして、新聞に載せられたりすることは、おとなげないとは思いながら、誰しも悪い気持はしないものである。

1. How to use 何々 as a pronoun ? What role does it play in this sentence ?
  2. What's the meaning of 氏談 ? Is it a noun ? I can't find any clear entry about it on Google or on jisho.org.
  • @A.Ellett How do you pronounce it ? – blaoi May 24 at 20:47
  • I'm not native speaker but I would pronounce it as, なになにしだん – A.Ellett May 24 at 21:35
  • For pronunciation help, this entire story (Edogawa Rampo’s Ni Sen Douka) is read here -> youtu.be/Bsfp4LqpnRo [二銭銅貨 - 乱歩江戸川] – Ojiwankenobi Jul 8 at 18:06
  • Thank you, that is useful, even though the voice seems automatized. – blaoi Jul 9 at 6:28
  1. How to use 何々 as a pronoun ? What role does it play in this sentence?

[何々]{なになに} is a placeholder for an unknown word, like "so-and-so" or "blah-blah".

1. What's the meaning of 氏談 ? Is it a noun ? I can't find any clear entry about it on Google or on jisho.org.

~[氏]{し} is a suffix "Mr/Ms~~". XX[談]{だん} is another suffix meaning "talked by XX" "XX said".

自分の話が何々氏談などとして、新聞に載せられたりする...

One's story is put in the newspaper, as "Mr. So-and-so said"...

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.