I'm wondering what to say if I were to say:

I didn't like it before (I believe it should be すきじゃなかったでも..., but I may be wrong, but I like it now.

Some context on the usage: I'm writing this assignment about moving school; and I don't know what to use.

Out of curiosity, what is it that you've come to like? A movie? Food? Something else? – JansthcirlU May 4 at 18:03
  • I am talking about moving schools. – Nick Lai May 5 at 11:04
  • In that case, you could also use the verb 慣{な}れる (to get used to) or the expression 平気{へいき}だ (I'm fine, I'm alright). It's more neutral than "I like" but it might fit better for what you're describing. – JansthcirlU May 5 at 12:25
  • Cool. Thanks for helping! – Nick Lai May 6 at 0:54

You can say either

[好]{す}きになった。

or

[今]{いま}は[好]{す}きだ。

[好]{す}きに in the first sentence is the adverbial form of the な-adjective [好]{す}き, and なる is a verb that means “to become”. It is closer in construction to “I have become fond of it” than to “I like it now”.

The second sentence is a more literal translation of “I like it now”.

I used the plain style above (because you did in すきじゃなかった). If you prefer the です/ます-style, you would have to modify the ending of the sentences.

• Thanks! You really helped me. – Nick Lai May 6 at 0:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.