I would like to learn japanese in details such as た is not just past or the nuance differences between になる and となる and so goes on I wonder if such resources exist in English because I want to show that I'm truly looking for building a carrier with Japanese language as a researcher or translator not by just passing the jlpt (it ideally would be a great plus but I want more than it) I only find simplified textbooks like Genki, Marugoto etc that seem to be too shallow I want to dive deep.

A worthy quest but I'm sorry to say that questions asking for learning resources are off-topic on this site. – user3856370 Apr 3 at 15:17
  • Where I can ask? Reddit is plagued with weebs 4chan same? I found stackexchange more... professional – AlmisKa Apr 3 at 15:22
  • Sorry, I don't know a good answer to that. You could try our meta site. It is open to that kind of question but based on previous questions of a similar nature I'd say the chances of you getting an answer are lower than you might hope. – user3856370 Apr 3 at 15:25
  • Here's a compiled resources list on the Japanese Language Meta SE. – JansthcirlU Apr 3 at 15:44
    imabi does great to go into the details of a lot of topics, but at the same time, some prior knowledge will be needed to understand some of what it talks about. I recommend that you gain that prior knowledge by going through more basic textbooks or guides. But, to be honest, I think if you want to go into greater depth than imabi does, then you might have better luck with native material. And to read that meterial, you will need to learn the basics. – Shurim Apr 4 at 18:51