My guess is that it's asking whether something is good or not, similar to saying いいですか.

So my question is what form is this and what does it stem from?

• SE allowing identical usernames can sure be confusing at times. Anyway, questions about かしら have been asked several times before, and I recommend using the search function. See for example this: japanese.stackexchange.com/q/164/5176 – Will Mar 21 at 23:32
  • @Will Certainly is. For a second, I thought your comment was bot generated because it had found a duplicate question. Thanks for the link. – Will Mar 21 at 23:38

As (the other) Will suggested in the comments, there are already several posts where you can learn more about the usage of かしら. As a short answer to your question:

Rather than いいですか, in most (if not all) situations it's better to think of it as a version of saying いいかも(しれない), e.g. after someone suggested something, it could be used as a response meaning like "a yeah, that might be good/work".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.