Is だと used similarly to って or but it also largely emphasises what's has come before it so that you can commented?

This is why I get a feeling of it meaning something along the lines of "This flavour I'd assumed it would be until now has a certain (strong) emotional touch to it." - emphasising the fact that (unexpectedly) the flavour gives a strong emotional impression despite it being what they had assumed; please correct me if I'm wrong.

だと in manga

There are multiple distinct と's other than the quoting one, each has quite important meanings. Here it is conditional.

ここまで想定内の味だと、ある意味感動的よ!
"If it is of this much unsurprising taste, it's impressive in another way!"
= It tastes so unamazing that almost can be called amazing!

See also:

• I see, when と is used as a conditional with nouns, is だ always needed? – Hou0bou Feb 15 at 14:16
    @Hou0bou Yes, because it's a conjunctive connecting clauses (predicates), not nouns. だ is like English "be": "human" is not a predicate, "be human" is. – broken laptop Feb 15 at 14:23

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.