This is a vhs promotional video about a videogame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUhd8qoQl6E&t=4m55s

さらにタクティクスオウガでは、ユニットの武器や防具による攻撃、魔法攻撃、各ユニットの特性を生かした攻撃など、バラエティーに富んだアクションをもフルアニメーションで構成。

My question is, if 武器や防具による攻撃 means "weapon and armor attacks", how can "armor" attack?

Have you ever been hit with a shield? :) I haven't but I imagine it wouldn't feel good. – Leebo Jan 14 at 22:19
  • @Leebo Can shields be used as weapons in Tactics Ogre LUCT? I know for a fact, after having beaten FFT 3 times, that a player can't attack with their shield, at least in that game. – SomaRise Jan 14 at 22:36
  • This just in. Apparently, after hours of searching, it appears that in this game you CAN use shields as weapons. I'll be damned. tacticsogre.fandom.com/wiki/…). – SomaRise Jan 14 at 22:44
  • There are at least some games in which having certain pieces of equipment on lets you use special moves - that's what I would have assumed this refers to – Angelos Jan 14 at 22:45
  • "armor" can also refer to a tank in English... but it seems unlikely here – Igor Skochinsky Jan 14 at 23:06

Yes it's "attacks using armors", or more specifically, shields. From this blog article:

また、盾は防具としてだけでなく、剣や斧などのように射程距離1マスの近接武器として使うことも可能。盾を構えて体当たりをくらわす、いわゆる「シールドバッシュ」ですね。
与えるダメージは極めて小さいですが、相手の体重(装備重量)が軽ければ1マスぶん突き飛ばすことができます。

Some other games (eg Dark Souls) have this feature.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.