The sentence was like this:

目の前にたかだパフェが置かれただけなのにキャッキヤツとはしゃいでいる。彼女に言わせれば「何がたかがよ!」という感じなのだろうが。

I'm familiar with the grammar of "たかが + N" (it's just a + N). However, the way たかが was used herein 何がたかがよ seems a bit strange to me. Can I take it as something like:

It's no big deal

Thank you for taking the time. Have a great day, everyone!

何が~だ (or 何が~よ, 何が~さ, etc) is a way to say something along the lines of "Talk about ~!", "Who said ~!", "I can't believe [someone] said ~". She just repeated たかが said by someone else.

• The complete sentence is like this: 彼女に言わせれば「何がたかがよ!」という感じなのだろうが。 (たかが was not mentioned before according to the context) – elPsyChris Jan 1 at 3:39
  • The one before this sentence mentioned 目の前にたかだパフェが置かれただけなのにキャッキヤツとはしゃいでいる. There is a phrase たかだ, not sure if it relates to たかが. Does anything click? – elPsyChris Jan 1 at 3:45
    What's たかだ? It's most likely a typo for たかが? – naruto Jan 1 at 3:47
    @elPsyChris Unless there is really 高田パフェ in the novel, it's just a typo. (And if it's really 高田パフェ, then 何がたかがよ becomes a typo...) – naruto Jan 1 at 4:14
    「たかが」ですね。 scontent-itm1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/… – Chocolate Jan 1 at 4:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.