What is the correct stroke order of 繡? Its 新字体 version 粛 is farily straightforward, but this one? Dictionaries tend to not have stroke information for the 舊字體 form.

My guess would be:

1. All the way down from the broom.
  2. Cross it in the middle.
  3. 片 on the left – left, top, bottom
  4. Reverse 片 on the right – top, right, bottom
  • 繡 (U+7E61) is the kyūjitai form of 繍 (U+7E4D), in the same way 肅 (U+8085) is the kyūjitai form of 粛 (U+7C9B).

• The stroke order for 肅 (U+8085) is available, on Tangorin for instance:

enter image description here

• For reference, the two bottom parts you're mentioning are made of 片 (U+7247) and 爿 (U+723F), but their respective stroke orders slightly differ from the ones in the combined shape, because of the presence of a large horizontal stroke in the middle:

• Wow! I could have found that. It’s a strange beast. Not only it’s different from 片, but it’s even more from top to bottom than from left to right. Also thanks for the codepoints. It looks like 爿 is called しょうへん.
    – Glutexo
    Nov 27 '20 at 12:39

I could find 嘯 which seems to have the same right part in the YARXI dictionary (English version is called JISHOP but has no online version):

I believe the stroke order source is Kakijun. Here's its version of :

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.