Full text: VPNにおける対向拠点は最大1000対地(拡張メモリ搭載時)、ISDN同時接続可能な対向拠点は46対地(PRI拡張モジュール×2搭載時)と、大規模なネットワークの集線に対応しています。

My understanding: There is a maximum of 1000 tunnels at the opposite VPN end-point (with extended memory installation), at the same time the possible ISDN end-point connections are at 46 tunnels (with 2 PRI extended module installations), supporting large-scale network hub/concentrator.

My Issue: 集線. I understand that it is a networking connection device. Does it mean a hub or concentrator?

集線 is not a device name but an action name (i.e., suru-verb) that means 集 ("aggregating", "assembling", "collecting") + 線 ("cable", "line").

Note that と before this part is not "and" but this "content-descriptor" と. Thus, this 集線 refers to what this router can achieve by connecting to many endpoints. The device that does only 集線 is called a hub (e.g. an USB hub), but a router can do 集線, too.

…と、大規模なネットワークの集線に対応しています。
..., thus enabling/realizing a large-scale network concentration.

| improve this answer | |
  • I didn't know about the "content-descriptor" と. Thank you for your help. – Harpreet Singh Kapula Oct 26 at 19:02

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.