It came up in a game (in the sentence ううん、これも時とタイミングですね。) and when I tried to look it up on different Japanese dictionary- and phrase-type sites, nothing came up, and when I looked around on Twitter to see if I could glean the context, I still didn't understand from peoples' posts, though they used it as what seemed to be a common phrase. It seemed to sometimes be used in ways like "if I have time and if the timing is right / if I have the opportunity (then we can meet up)," but in this context, it didn't seem right. Maybe that is also incorrect, though, as I am not fluent.

Is there possibly any way for some ways that it is used to be given in varying contexts, if anyone would have a moment?

時とタイミングですね just means "It's about timing" or "It depends on when". これも時とタイミングですね means "It also depends on when". タイミングによります would be more explicit.

I don't call 時とタイミング a fixed set phrase, but I do hear it sometimes. Here 時 and タイミング refer to almost the same thing, so it's probably an example of tautology for emphasis, like "first and foremost".

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.