Recently I watched a show and the girl did something for the guy and he was moved by the girl's action. I may have heard it wrongly but I thought I heard the guy said it as: こんな ことしたら心動くんだ to another friend. I did a Google translate and it turned out as "I'm moved when I do this"

Why is it "I" and not "he/she/someone else"?

Then I did a test by changing the the sentence to make it into a probable "when/if", but Google failed to translate the below sentences.
こんな ことされたら心動くんだ. If you do something like this こんな ことしてくれたら心動くんだ. If you do something like this こんな ことしてくれば心動くんだ. If you do something like this

I was puzzled as to why the translated answer to all the three above altered sentences was the same, that is "If you do something like this". Are they grammatically missing something? Kindly advice and correct the sentences if they are wrong. Thank you.

• There is no pronoun in the Japanese sentence so there is no "I" in it, the Google translate is just guessing a pronoun for the English without the context. – Super-User Sep 14 '20 at 3:40
  • Yes, that makes sense. Thanks – Himawari Sep 15 '20 at 12:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.