I was chatting in Hellotalk. From what I looked up and understood

It means writing in a clear and concise manner is difficylt isn't it.

分かりやすく簡潔に書くのは難しいですよね

But, I thought connecting i-adjetives was with くて and 書く used the を particle not に

Little help here please. If I were to guess に is because its not describing a person?

分かりやすく簡潔に書くのは難しいですよね
Writing simply and concisely is difficult, isn't it?

Both 分かりやすく and 簡潔に are acting adverbially to modify 書く.

Let's start with why you wouldn't use を here. を marks the object of the verb, i.e. it marks the thing that actually gets written, for example, a letter, a poem etc. It doesn't make sense to 'write a brevity' so を is not the correct particle.

簡潔 is a na-adjective. These words can be turned into adverbs by adding に. So 簡潔に書く means 'write concisely'.

やすい is an i-adjective. These words can be turned into adverbs by replacing い with く. So 分かりやすく書く means 'write in a way that is easy to understand'.

Finally,

If I were to guess に is because its not describing a person

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by this statement. I can't see any link between using に or を and whether or not you're describing a person. If this is a problem then perhaps you could ask a separate question, giving an example of what you mean.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.