I came across these two paragraphs about the future resignation of Prime Minister Abe:

Various ministers were being asked their opinions and I came across いただけに:

1st paragraph: 梶山経済産業大臣は、臨時閣議のあと経済産業省に戻り、記者団に対して「安倍総理大臣から辞職する旨のお話があった。特に経済産業行政に対して関心を持ち、折りに触れて指導をいただいていたので、非常に残念だと思っている。景気回復ということをまず第1にやってきて、コロナ禍のあとの日本の経済をしっかりと立て直すということを言っていただけに、残念な思いがする」と述べました。

2nd paragraph: 副大臣の1人は、NHKの取材に対し、「事前に全く聞いていなかったので、非常に驚いた。憲法改正や北方領土問題、北朝鮮による拉致問題などを、安倍総理大臣なら前に進められるのではないかと期待していただけに、非常に残念だ。少なくとも任期いっぱいは続けてほしかった」と述べました。そのうえで、「後任の総理大臣の選び方については、安倍総理大臣がいつまで続けられるかや、いつまでに選出しなければならないかにもよるのではないか」と述べました。

I am not sure about my personal inference regarding their meaning or how they are working in both paragraphs.

To start with, this いただけに、I am supposing, comes from the verb いただける, though I am unsure.

I broke both sentences down, I mean the ones in which this いただけに is mentioned.

景気回復ということをまず第1にやってきて、コロナ禍のあとの日本の経済をしっかりと立て直すということを言っていただけに, 残念な思いがする

business conditions recoveriness を first of all do, corona disaster の after の nipponland の economyを really と put-it-to-rightness を say + he was able to? に、regret thoughts I am doing.

憲法改正や北方領土問題、北朝鮮による拉致問題などを、安倍総理大臣なら前に進められるのではないかと期待していただけに、非常に残念だ。

constitution revisionやnorth area problem, as for north kore abduction problem, を if abe prime minister+ did not advance to the front? と expect + was able to? really regret.

So in both cases in my opinion いただけに refers to the fact of what Abe Shinto was able to say or to expect. I am not sure, though.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.