I've ran into a word that I can't seem to find/translate anywhere on the website and would appreciate if somebody can help me.

the word is: モ〇マス, and it was in the following sentence: モ〇マスをよろしく。

Thank you in advance!

1 Answer 1

モバマス is one of the nicknames of アイドルマスター シンデレラガールズ. The モバ part came from the fact that it was the first iDOLM@STER title hosted on the Mobage platform. This nickname has became less popular after the title gained popularity outside Mobage and another iDOLM@STER title was released on Mobage. The "official" contraction of the game is デレマス now.

From what I could google, there is no other plausible possibilities, but if my explanation doesn't make sense, please provide more context. (What are they talking about? よろしく doesn't help much.)

• I'm currently translating "THE IDOLM@STER" doujinshi and to be honest there is not much context to it. It's on the final page which has 2 bubbles on it. The text is as follows: みなさん楽しんでもらえましたか。コンプガチャがなくなってもモ〇マスをよろしくね。
    – sparuj
    Aug 25, 2020 at 4:48
    @sparuj That's what we call context. モ〇マス placed near コンプガチャ is undoubtedly モバマス and I could have excluded other possibilities with 100% confidence. Was't your doujinshi created around 2012?
    – naruto
    Aug 25, 2020 at 4:51
  • Yes. It was created 2012.
    – sparuj
    Aug 25, 2020 at 4:56
  • @sparuj コンプガチャがなくなっても refers to this controversy that happned in 2012, and at that time, モバマス was seen as a "dangerous newcomer" by some existing Idolmaster fans. Whether your doujinshi features the "original 765 Pro" (Haruka, Chihaya, etc) or "Cinderella Girls", I imagine the author was hesitant to say モバマスをよろしく loud and clear, and that's probably why he masked a part of the title.
    – naruto
    Aug 25, 2020 at 5:02
  • I see. Now it makes more sense. Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time in order to help with this matter.
    – sparuj
    Aug 25, 2020 at 5:09

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .