I can't seem to find any information on this. You know how people in the west have names like James Smith IV, is there something along that line for the Japanese?


1 Answer 1


The counter ~世 is used after the person's name. For example,

King George IV = ジョージ4世 (see here).

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.