1. 最新技術をもってすればその開発難しくないだろう。
  2. 最新技術をもってすればその開発難しくないだろう。

Since 2) is a complete sentence and doesn't need any more context to perfectly/accurately understand it(i think). Can 1) also be considered a complete sentence which doesn't need any more context to perfectly/precisely/accurately understand it?

If YES, What nuance does も add instead of が?

1 Answer 1

Sorry if my format for an answer is incorrect.

Both can be considered a complete sentence.

(1) implies that development is already in progress, and having the new tech will probably make the originally difficult development no longer difficult. (2) only says that development will probably not be difficult with the new tech, with no indication that the development has started yet.

• So you think 2) is a natural sentence?
    – chocolate
    Jul 30, 2020 at 15:00
  • But I thought what decides that the developement 'has already started' is the 'その' no? And since 'the developement' has already been considered in the 'speech', I think it has really already 'started' regardless of whether it started in reality or not. And finally, why would a Japanese care about this detail of 'having started' while an English would just say [that development will probably not be difficult with the new tech] and won't even bothers his head with this 'maybe unuseful' detail.?????
    – raruna
    Jul 30, 2020 at 15:18
  • Sorry, perhaps I did not explain correctly. A development has multiple stages, mainly planning, executing, and debugging/troubleshooting. (2) could be used at any of these stages, simply stating that development will be not as difficult with the new tech. However, you will not use (1) at the planning stage (unless you are stuck at brainstorming). My point is that (1) will give the impression that the speaker have found a solution to a problem, whereas in (2) the speaker simply stated a suggestion. This is very important in Japanese society when they are trying to climb the ladder.
    – RikKa
    Aug 1, 2020 at 5:16
  • ^Continuing my previous comment, as a first-time stack exchange user, I realized it will probably be better by posting a comment instead of making an answer. Sorry for my inexperience and the inconvenience. (>.<)
    – RikKa
    Aug 1, 2020 at 5:18
  • @RikKa What i learned about も here is that one its functions is expressing [exclamation] or [admiration]. I think both of them fit in my example sentence.
    – raruna
    Aug 2, 2020 at 17:28

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .