http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv7ZYbhTLco&t=4m7s

関節と関節の間は謂わば関節である

Google translate only gives the following: So-called joints are between joints

• Are you sure you have the right time stamp? I don't see that sentence in the link you posted. – kandyman Jul 24 at 12:51
  • @kandyman It's on the bottom part in blue – SomaRise Jul 24 at 13:16
  • Ah yes, I missed that. Apologies. – kandyman Jul 24 at 13:38

This 謂わば literally means "if I say", but it is an idiom that means "so to speak". The sentence translates to "Between a joint and a joint, there is another joint, so to speak".

This should be a reference to the weird modeling of the characters in FF7 on PS1.

Cloud in PS1

A human's joint (e.g. the elbow) is usually a thick part of the body, but as you can see, the characters in FF7 had remarkably thin elbows and shoulders. So I suppose this comment wanted to say "Between Cloud's two thin joints, there is another joint(-like thickening), so to speak". I don't think this is a very good joke, and perhaps most people did not understand this comment. You don't have to worry too much.

| improve this answer | |
  • Thanks! I didn't know he meant that as a joke. I think it's funny, though! – SomaRise Jul 25 at 0:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.