It is said by one of supporter in a boxing match between Numata and Aoyama. The supporter said it after Numata had been down.

しっかりしろい! おめっちからかわれているんだぜ青山によ

I searched and found that おめっち means おまえたち (you guys) so I tried to translate like this:

"Pull yourself together (Numata)! Because of you guys, Aoyama has changed (a way to fight)"

I believe this おめっち is singular "you" because this person is speaking to one person in front of him. おめ corresponds to お前. っち is probably a suffix explained here (oh, it's your question). おめっち is not common but I sometimes hear おれっち/おらっち, which means "I" rather than "we".

And this からかわれている is not "から + 変われている" but the passive form of からかう. から meaning "because of" or "out of" follows a noun that represents an emotion (e.g., 怒りから, 焦りから), but it does not follow a personal noun.

おめっちからかわれているんだぜ青山によ
You're being teased by Aoyama!

EDIT: Oh, according to this explanation on Wikipedia and 大辞林, っち in おれっち is etymologically 達! Still, as far as I know, it never means plural "we" today.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.