Here is the question: how to translate the following sentence to Japanese.

Inform that the hospital is located between the supermarket and the hotel over there:

病院にあそこでスーパーとホテルの間があります。

I want to know if it is right that I use the particle after あそこ and if I committed any other mistakes.

I would say 病院はあのスーパーとホテルの間にあります。 - The hospital is between that supermarket and hotel.

The に particle indicates where something is, so by starting with 病院に, you are saying there is something in the hospital.

You could say something like:
この病院にレストランがあります。- There is a restaurant in this hospital.

The particle で indicates a location where an activity takes place. For instance:
レストランで晩御飯(ばんごはん)を食べました。- I ate dinner at a restaurant.

Also note that the verb ある always takes the に particle, so to say something is somewhere, you would say:
[place]+に+[thing]+がある or
[thing]+は+[place]+に+ある

These really are the very basics though, I would recommend you get some sort of beginner textbook and go through it, I used Genki myself and would recommend it.

| improve this answer | |
  • Ok but if i will あそこ wath particle i have to use then? I used the particle で because i thot that " its over there a activity will take place" or something like that.. – Marco Tulio Apr 6 at 19:30
  • @MarcoTulio With あそこ, you would follow the same rules, so you could say 病院はあそこにある。- the hospital is over there. You could also say something like 病院はあそこのホテルとスーパーの間にある。あそこのホテル meaning "the hotel over there". – andrewb Apr 6 at 21:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.