From this link,

ずらずらとでてくるので、無関係そうな所は除外しています。ignoring nonexistent directory "/dammy/xxx" というあたりがそれっぽいですね

There is another question, where あたり is used in the following way:

「(an example) + あたり + (speaker's comment or opinion)」

which, as the answer indicates, is used to soften the tone. With this interpretation, my understanding of this sentence would be something like:

Since the code is quite an endless stream, I am excluding bits that are not related. Lines containing ignoring nonexistent directory "/dammy/xxx" seem to be aplenty and I've removed a lot of them.

Just doesn't seem right to me though.

This あたり refers to a location around something. The question you linked is using あたり in a more abstract sense, but in your case, it simply refers to a physical location on screen. The author is saying "The place around the lines that say ignoring nonexistent directory "/dammy/xxx" seems relevant".

Since this is an output from a program, he used という, but this ~というあたり can be safely replaced by simpler ~のあたり.

See also: Difference between 辺り and 周り

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.