I don't understand...

well, that's what it was there in the manga ... like this:

bubble1:侍達を一人残らず抹殺せよ!!!

bubble2:ぐわア!!!

bubble3:かたじけない しのぶ!!武器は助かった!!

bubble4:いえ

and nothing else and then I was confused cause it was my first time seeing it :|

and then there was an individual meaning for かたじけない and しのぶ however while mixing their meaning...,... I can't figure it out... it was confusing then I thought maybe かたじけない is an adj I think something had been omitted and made the sentence a bit more friendly ~

also is かたじけない an adj ? while searching, Google said it's a phrase but the way written here I thought it's い-adj ...

so can you help me with it :)

Isn't there any break between かたじけない and しのぶ? The sentences before this line would be appreciated, too. – broccoli facemask - cloth Mar 29 at 2:49
  • oh i'll edit it right away :) – Pink Cat Mar 29 at 2:53
  • done :) it's middle of the fight soooo there is not much of a conversation here ... – Pink Cat Mar 29 at 3:00
    Okay, thank you. – broccoli facemask - cloth Mar 29 at 3:03

かたじけない is an older word that roughly means "mentally indebting".

It is an i-adjective, but you can take it as a samural/ninja way to say "thank you" (= it indebts me). しのぶ seems to be a female name.

かたじけない しのぶ!! Thank you, Shinobu!!

In manga, normal punctuation is rarely used so that you have to pay attention where spaces and line breaks are.

| improve this answer | |
  • しのぶwas wrote without any kanji or katakana so i thought it's a word T^T so かたじけない is a samurai way to say thank you !? – Pink Cat Mar 29 at 3:17
  • and thanks for the answer ... i actually made some people angry with my question T^T – Pink Cat Mar 29 at 3:18
  • @PinkCat Most time you can think of it "thank you" but always good to store the original meaning somewhere in the memory for such a usage as かたじけないお言葉. – broccoli facemask - cloth Mar 29 at 3:22
  • does it mean indebt word? – Pink Cat Mar 29 at 3:31
  • @PinkCat Actually i-adjective. I edited. – broccoli facemask - cloth Mar 29 at 3:36

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.