happened to see these two kanjis while writing down some words, they had the same meaning !!!

normally I heard うち as home but there but they got translated いえandたく as home-house as well !!!

so I'm wondering what's their differences and can they be replaced with うち?

thanks for reading and waiting for your precious answers ♥

For the difference between うち and いえ, please see: What is the difference between いえ and うち?

宅【たく】 is not used as a standalone noun. This kanji is used mainly as part of longer compounds such as 自宅, 邸宅 or 宅地. Or did you hear お宅【おたく】? お宅 is an honorific expression used to refer to someone else's home respectfully. お宅 is also a blunt and/or nerdy second-person pronoun used by some. See: When is it appropriate to use お宅 to refer to the second-person?, Referring to someone's home in sonkeigo and Why is the word オタク written in katakana?

| improve this answer | |
  • wow, thanks really appreciate it ^O^ – Pink Cat Mar 29 at 2:36
  • but what about 家 ? – Pink Cat Mar 29 at 2:36
  • @PinkCat Please read the link in the first line of my answer. – naruto Mar 29 at 4:20
  • ehhhhh i just saw that ... so sorry T^T ( u actually explained so good that i forgot to see the upper link ) – Pink Cat Mar 29 at 4:22

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.