What's the difference in using なので and ので when used in anything but nouns and な adjectives. For example:

行かないなので他の誰かを頼んで

行かないので他の誰かを頼んで

I assume that a similar explanation holds for だから and から

"なので" is ungrammatical when used with anything other than a noun or な adjective, so only the second example you wrote is valid. You are correct that だから and から function in the same way.

• I'm not sure about it being ungrammatical because I saw an anime that used ....ないなのに......
    – Newbie
    Mar 24 '20 at 18:51
    Are you sure that's what was being said? The correct phrasing in that situation would be ないのに. If you do a simple concordance search in Google, you'll find that there are no hits in which "ない" is followed by "なのに.". On the other hand, there are hundreds of millions of examples of "ないのに."
    – vel
    Mar 24 '20 at 19:00
    @Newbie Some characters speak in an idiosyncratic ways in anime. If you are REALLY sure someone said ないなのに in the anime, that means you should not learn from her/his way of speaking.
    – naruto
    Mar 24 '20 at 23:28
  • @naruto Yea, rechecked a couple of times and indeed said ...ないなのに.... Heard it from a pretty famous anime called "My hero academia", so I'd thought it will be grammatically right
    – Newbie
    Mar 25 '20 at 11:44
  • @Newbie I'm interested to it. Could you point me to the exact scene that expression used? It seems that anime really has some characters who speak broken Japanese, or maybe just wrong parsing on your side. Mar 25 '20 at 14:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.