My ultimate goal is to translate the following sentence one by one:
What I know is that ちゃう/じゃう is the informal form of しまう. As far as I know, I can express two things with しまう:
- Do something completely and finish it: 例: 本を読んでしまいました。
- Do something by accident: 例: 花瓶を割ってしまった。
Again I can conjugate ちゃう/じゃう as usual. So ちゃおう/じゃおう is like しょう. (Let's...) So in my opinion I could translate 本を読んじゃおう with "Let's read this book completely.", but the 2nd case does not really work, isn't it?
- Is the stuff above correct?
- What does the 的な at the end of 乗っちゃおう do? How do you translate it? As far as I know I can use 的 to change a noun to an adjective (個人 -> 個人的), but thats it.
- 優しさ is the noun of 優しい. I have never seen 優しさ乗る bevor and my dictionary does not know it as well. What is this? Do similar things exist? For example 長さ乗る?
- What is the translation of the sentence from above and how does it change, if I would say ユリアンの優しさに乗っちゃおう or ユリアンの優しさに乗っちゃう的な.
Thanks a lot! I am sorry for this many questions in one question but I don't really know how I could split this up...
** my name