What is the correct way to append a noun to a action. For example

書き頑張ります
書き頑張ります

I think both the above means "I will do my best at writing". In the example above, the stem of a verb is a noun.

Example 2:

親切有難う
親切有難う

Are both particles acceptable?

'親切有難う' is wrong.

'親切有難う' is acceptable, but '親切にしてくれてありがとう' is much more natural.

More politely:

• 親切にしてくださりありがとうございます。

More formally (e.g. in a letter):

• (貴殿の / 皆様の)ご親切に感謝申し上げます。
| improve this answer | |
  • I don't think 親切で有難う is wrong. – Ben Mar 9 at 22:56
  • So using に particle is the correct way? For example: 新設に有難う?Similarly, for stem of verbs (書き、聞き、磨き、など), using に is correct? For example: 磨きに頑張ります ? – donburi Mar 10 at 5:09
  • @Ben 親切で有難う is definitely wrong. – kaboc Mar 10 at 5:38
  • You can say it's wrong but Japanese people are using this: google.com/… – Ben Mar 10 at 5:43
  • @donburi You cannot say 磨きに頑張る nor 親切に有難う. 磨きを頑張ります is acceptable, but 頑張って磨きます is much more natural. 磨きに注力/専念する is OK too (although the meaning is not the same as 頑張る). を for 頑張る and に for 注力する are collocations of the verbs. Particles are not decided by nouns. By the way, 親切 is not the stem of a verb. – kaboc Mar 10 at 5:55

What is the correct way to append a noun to a action. For example
書きで頑張ります
書きを頑張ります

I think both the above means "I will do my best at writing". In the example above, the stem of a verb is a noun.

I think these will both be understood, but it's probably more natural to say 書くことを頑張ります, add the word こと after the verb to turn it into a noun. If Japanese people hear you saying カキをがんばります they might think you are talking about eating oysters or persimmons.

Example 2:
親切で有難う
親切を有難う
Are both particles acceptable?

Yes, you can find many examples of Japanese people using both of these:

https://www.carsensor.net/shop/aichi/308436001/review/001725922/?BKKN=CU7412564750

親切でありがとうございます。

https://matome.naver.jp/odai/2150639089177678901

親切をありがとう~見知らぬ人からの親切に関するつぶやきまとめ

But it's not really clear what you want to say.

| improve this answer | |
    「親切でありがとう」って、ちょっと意味がわかんないですけど。。 「どうも、ご親切 、ありがとうございました」みたいのなら(結構年配の人が?)言ってる気もするよね~ ちょっと意味違う感じもするけど・・ – Chocolate Mar 10 at 3:04
  • @Chocolate で、結局「に」を使えばいいつこと?例えば:磨き「に」頑張ります。よく聞くとなんか変と思いますが多分未経験の考えだけかも – donburi Mar 10 at 5:12
  • @Chocolateさん - コメントありがとうございます。「ちょっと意味が分かんない」でちょうど英語でit's not clear what you want to sayでは. – Ben Mar 10 at 5:27
  • 「ご親切に 、ありがとうございました」は「ご親切に(してくださって)、ありがとうございました」のように括弧の部分が省略された形ですね。 – kaboc Mar 10 at 6:02
  • 親切でありがとう itself is not wrong but not a response for a certain action like 親切を. – user4092 Mar 10 at 13:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.