Conversation goes:

A: まだひきずっていたのか

B: え、お前忘れたの?ギスってたの俺だけ?びっくりする

B: 次はねぇぞ

The ギス I know means having a cold atmosphere or strained relationship. But here, I am not sure I get what it means.

• It's a good? question. Having lived for over 40 years, I have never heard this term in my life. – user7644 Feb 28 '20 at 21:17

According to 若者言葉辞典{わかものことばじてん},aka words or slang especially for Japanese young people,

ギスる is defined as,

ギスるとは、人間関係がうまくいかない、ギスギスすること。 主に、コミュニケーションが円滑にいかないとき、不仲になったときに使う言葉。

Translated

ギスる means "The human relationship gets stiff". Mainly used when the 2-3 more people's relationship got too severe to communicate with each other.

So the OP's "questioner" is trying to tell the other (player),

"Am I the only one who already felt we had a harsh relationship regarding communication each other"?

May be the only probable correct answer is A hadn't been giving darn about the communication with B, B is the only one who is upset in his own world ah, sort of having his self-presumption A has too the same edge against B and that's the reason why "B" said, "there is no next, A!".?

Have a nice day.

• By the way, I saw this So could he also be saying if he was the only one who had a misunderstanding between them? by war did you mean like they had a fight? – Shanice Akizakura Feb 29 '20 at 11:51
  • @ShaniceAkizakura Your link is providing the same meanings. Yes, as a whole, he noticed he was the only one who had the misunderstanding. But it looks like I need more context. – user7644 Feb 29 '20 at 21:08
  • Before this B says that A must discuss things with him and not just decide things by himself. B continues to say that since he entrusted his life to A, there should be no secrets between them to which the conversation continues where A answers the one above. Should I type it out starting from there? – Shanice Akizakura Mar 2 '20 at 10:48
  • @ShaniceAkizakura Discussion? Life? I'm sorry I can't comprehend what you try to mean since there are no contexts. Why I asked you to provide with more contexts is I don't understand A's last message "次はねぇぞ” "There is no next" which makes me wonder what A tries to imply with his words. So may be a bit more context will be clearer. – user7644 Mar 2 '20 at 10:59
  • Oh! OMG. Since the panel just has bubbles and dialogues with no people in it, in addition to me not getting the previous line... I think I switched the speaker. It's B who continued 次はねぇぞ and then the panel shows him stomping away. Sorry about that. Did that help??? – Shanice Akizakura Mar 2 '20 at 11:07

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.