So I'm reading this manga and I am suddenly hit with a semi-cursive kanji which I need some more practice to get use to it. I tried checking the radicals but to no avail. I have no idea what it is.


I was thinking it might be something with this radical"彳" but I still didn't get it.

enter image description here

  • 8
    Maybe it is 紛れる? Feb 24 '20 at 18:02
  • @AlexanderZ., the stroke order for the right-hand 分 portion would be wrong, since the second-to-last stroke in the image is the center-to-left downward, while in 分, that stroke is the final one. No? Feb 24 '20 at 18:56
  • 3
    @EiríkrÚtlendi Google image search 分 行書, that’s just the way it is in semicursive
    – dROOOze
    Feb 24 '20 at 19:19
  • 1
    @AlexanderZ. that made totally sense and I have a semi-cursive font(分行書) and it is indeed that after I typed it out. Thanks! Feb 24 '20 at 20:55
  • 2
    @EiríkrÚtlendi I totally forgot to mention, the abbreviation 刂 (e.g. in 利 and its kana descendants り and リ) is also written with a stroke order reverse to 刀. This order was present for 刀 since a long time ago.
    – dROOOze
    Feb 24 '20 at 21:21

Probably [紛]{まぎ}れる. Here is a similar gyosho specimen: enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.