I tried to look at it dictionary but I can't get the real meaning behind it. What does 痛い女 mean?

You can find the definition here. The usage can be considered "slang" because you won't find this meaning in a dictionary.

イタいとは、非常識な言動をする人に対して不憫、みじめに思うこと。 KYな発言をしたり、変な格好をしたり、当人は気づかずにイタいことをしている場合が多い。 当初はネットスラングだったが、今では一般に浸透している。

Translation:

イタイ is used to describe a person that is behavior is lacking common sense, and you pity or look down upon them. They make KY (空気{くうき}が読めない{よめない}) remarks or dress oddly, and do things that are "いたい" without realizing it. Originally was net slang but is now more commonly used in general public.

Also, perhaps a couple examples would help:

1. Some people may consider a woman who calls themselves by their own name as 痛い女 because it sounds childish (however, often times there person themselves doesn't realize this).

2. A women that dresses very inappropriately. For example, a mother who goes to a school event but dresses in revealing clothes.

|improve this answer|||||
  • Sounds like the modern usage of "cringe(y)" in English. – Lynn Feb 26 at 12:24

I think how the 「イタい」 being used is basically explained in a gender neutral situation by the other answer. However, if she is saying to herself as 痛{いた}い女{おんな}, she is feeling pitiful or pathetic since she can't forget her ex-lover or something.

We need some more information to know her real feeling about if she may want to get over such a miserable situation or simply be resenting something.

|improve this answer|||||

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.