I want to know different usages between 入れ歯{ば} and 歯のインプラント . Is this two words mean the same or any other different !

• Actually there is a big difference between 入れ歯 and インプラント. These are related how much money you would like to spend on the indent. See link [ tg-ic.com/blog/implant/knowledge ]. I'm not sure I'm afraid I have a guts to translate the whole page. – user7644 Feb 10 '20 at 3:48
    The difference between these two words is exactly the same difference as between the English words "false teeth" and "implants". – user36788 Feb 10 '20 at 4:46

Technically speaking, 「入{い}れ歯{ば}」 ("denture") and 「インプラント」 ("dental implant") are two very different things. The former is easily removable and the latter, firmly fixed into the jaw bone.

Informally, however, it is true that some people use 「入れ歯」 to refer to 「インプラント」 as well because both are "false teeth" in the broader sense.

What you would not see is the reverse of the above -- calling 「入れ歯」 informally as 「インプラント」.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.