So I'm looking to make up some sort of J-dorama and am looking for a proper title. The story is irrelevant, just that the title is supposed to mean that 'we are like flowers', as in 'similar to', but not 'look like' or 'equivalent to'.

Google Translate offers the phrase in the title. It also offers 均しい but I think it's too... rigid? Exact? I'm looking for something more metaphorical.

• Does using よう make it sound more metaphorical than 均しい?
  • Does the current phrase in the title acceptable sound like a proper dorama title?
  • I'm thinking of removing the です, would that work better as a dorama title?
    I think the title question in and of itself is fine, but asking for additional suggestions is definitely off-topic. – istrasci Jan 27 '20 at 17:11
  • Fair point. I'll revise my question. – StorymasterQ Jan 29 '20 at 3:54
    "Acceptable" to whom? Does this need to satisfy native Japanese-speakers? – l'électeur Jan 29 '20 at 4:18
  • I mean, I've seen just how long a manga title can be, but I suppose yes, I want it to sound like a real dorama for a native Japanese speaker. – StorymasterQ Jan 30 '20 at 1:16
    How about 花のような私たち? "We who are like flowers". – lyudmilla Jan 31 '20 at 23:51

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.