I have trouble translating "female soldier" in Japanese: Is it 女戦士 or 女性戦士? Also is the particle の lacking between the two words?

• Excellent question. I really couldn't find anything beyond 女性戦士 which doesn't exactly sound ideal... – paullb Jan 13 at 2:22

This is what my boyfriend has to say (who is fluent in Japanese): 女性戦士 is more like female warrior, and female soldier would be 女性兵士. But depending on what you need it for, note that neither of them really sound cool.

| improve this answer | |
  • Thank you for your response! Although can I know why it doesn't sound cool? It was an idea for a tattoo honestly 😅 – Melanie R Jan 13 at 22:32
  • Well, according to what he said (and note that I'm not at all qualified to judge this myself), it sounds mostly like a description of what it is, like words from the dictionary kinda. But he didn't really have a good alternative unfortunately. Oh, and it it is fine to not have a の I think. Also, a google image search should make the difference between 兵士 and 戦士 pretty clear. – Milten Jan 14 at 7:59
  • I see ! Thanks again for your answers ! It's way more clear ^^ – Melanie R Jan 14 at 13:32

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.