I was studyng from a book and I can't answer this question (and I don`t have the answers) the question is: 普通の言い方に直すとどうなりますか。

1. 私に予約してくれんか。

a)予約してくれないのですか。 b)予約してくれるのですか。 c)予約してくれませんか。

To me all of the answers are the same :(

• Does the original sentence really say 私に予約してくれんか ? – Chocolate Dec 30 '19 at 2:10

The ん in 予約してくれか is a contracted form of ない. Thus, the sentence is the same as 私に予約してくれないか. The polite version of this sentence is 私に予約してくれませんか, so I think the answer is c). (I hesitate to call the polite form 普通の言い方, though...)

The other options contain explanatory-の, but it is not included in the original sentence. 予約してくれないのですか means "(Does that mean) you aren't going to make a reservation for me? (That's disappointing!)". 予約してくれるのですか means "(Does that mean) you are going to make a reservation for me?" These are not simple requests.

To distinguish the two types of ん:

• ん after the "pre-nai" form of a verb is a contraction of ない.

食べない → 食べん
    要らない → 要らん

• ん after the dictionary form (or more precisely, the attributive form) of a verb is a contraction of の.

食べたのだ → 食べたんだ
    要るのです → 要るんです

|improve this answer|||||

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.