This is a part from a song text by Aimyon:
So far I understand that きれない is used to modify the verb in front (here 譲る) so that the action continues on. But what is the meaning of 譲る? My dictionaries tell me of several meanings:
- to hand over/transfer/turn over/bequeath/convey
- to give up (e.g. one's seat) / give way
- to yield/concede/give ground/surrender
- to sell
- to postpone/put off
But I don't see which of those meanings would work on "memories". The translation I found:
There are only memories you don't want to give up
points to the second meaning, but somehow I had the feeling that 譲る is only used when the object in question is not lost, but transferred or given to somebody else. Taking the meaning of the translation 譲る would be used in the sense of loosing the object.
- does 譲る have also the meaning that the object can get lost in the process
- is the translation I found for the phrase not ideal
- is this song-text Japanese?