How may I express concern without asking if the person is 'OK' but wanting them to be 'OK'?

It's not obvious how to do so in English. In English you might say something like "get well soon", but that's not quite what I mean

A friendly or polite phrase used to wish someone well when they are ill.

I'm looking for a standard phrase or idiom.

• Welcome to the Japanese Language stack exchange. General translation requests without any evidence of research or a specific language question are considered off topic on this site. Can you try to make an attempt and frame the question from the perspective of what you've found? – Leebo Oct 25 '19 at 4:24
  • hi @Leebo where can i search Japanese idioms? – vqlk Oct 25 '19 at 4:35
  • @Leebo i googled "express concern" and "japanese" and got nothing at all – vqlk Oct 25 '19 at 4:39
    Jisho had a tag for idiomatic expressions, but it probably has too many results to just sift through. jisho.org/search/%23words%20%23id – Leebo Oct 25 '19 at 5:01

Get well soon - [お大事に]{おだいじに}.

|improve this answer|||||
    do you have anything to add about this phrase? – vqlk Oct 25 '19 at 12:37
    @vqlk I learned it some time in the past. But you can find something here: japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/6032 So it's kind of a duplicate. – mic Oct 25 '19 at 14:57
  • thanks for the link. take care, is the english expression, i s'pose. thanks – vqlk Oct 25 '19 at 15:05
  • @vqlk, if this answers your question, you can mark the answer as accepted by clicking on the grey tick mark at the left of the answer. Thanks! – jarmanso7 Oct 26 '19 at 12:23
  • can you edit in the link @jarmanso7 – vqlk Oct 26 '19 at 13:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.