I couldn't find a good way to research this on my own, I'm afraid.
I'm not looking for a comprehensive list by any means (in before it turns out 帰る is the only one...), but rather just a few examples because 帰る always seemed pretty special to me in regard to its pitch accent.

Those are extremely rare. Besides 「帰{かえ}る」, I could only think of the following in Standard Japanese.

• 「入{はい}る」

• 「通{とお}る」

• 「返{かえ}す」

• 「参{まい}る」

*** In case anyone is unsure of what the questioner is talking about, s/he is looking for three-mora verbs in which the pitch accent pattern is 「[〇〇〇]{HLL}」.

「頭高{あたまだか}」 means "head-high".

https://www.wadoku.de/ has accent patterns for quite a lot of entries; it translates to German, though…

But its data can be downloaded in XML format, a comprehensive list could be compiled from that with a bit of programming skills.

@ajsmart It's Japanese - German dictionary, which includes pitch accent for Japanese. – nhahtdh Oct 22 at 3:58

I've found OJAD, the Online Japanese Accent Dictionary, to be particularly useful in providing pitch patterns for conjugated forms as well. And poking around just now, I discovered that the site does have tools for looking up, say, 1) all verbs 2) that have 頭高 pitch patterns and 3) have 3 morae.

Search results: http://www.gavo.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ojad/search/index/category:verb/accent_type:2/mola:3/sortprefix:accent/narabi1:kata_asc/narabi2:accent_asc/narabi3:mola_asc/yure:visible/curve:invisible/details:invisible/limit:20

If that list is accurate, there are 10 such 3-mora verbs with 頭高 pitch patterns.

If you're curious about other sets of common terms with a specific pitch pattern and length, just play around with the 検索の条件 options. Happy searching!

PS: The UI of the site is all in Japanese by default, but you can click the flag icons in the upper right to choose a different UI language.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.