I can't figure out the meaning of the chorus from the song 俺はやる by Wanyudo. Particularly I have a problem with the word カス.

The context is as follows (someone transcribed the full lyrics here, the link contains also a live performance of this song without the need for Spotify account):

口だけのカス朽ち果てろよ
こんな奴が相手じゃ誰も付き合えんよな
期待を裏切り嘘をつき人の道に背き
偽善者の人見知り繁華街のごろつき
俺はやる やりたいやらなくちゃそれはカス
俺はやる 必ず俺はやる声枯らす
俺はやる やりたいやらなくちゃそれはカス
俺はやる 必ず俺はやる声枯らす

From the first phrase (口だけのカス) I guess カス is a noun and it might be used in the fifth meaning here: dregs (e.g. of society); scum; dross (and etymologically coming from カストリ文化) for someone who lives only from "their mouth", i.e. this rapper.

I imagine the first line (口だけのカス朽ち果てろよ) is something that he hears (from imperative form of 朽ち果てろ) and the meaning of what follows and the chorus would be an answer to it - something like "this is how I live, this is the way of カス."

Is my interpretation correct?

口だけ(の/だ) is a phrase used to mean "all talk", as in someone who talks big, but doesn't ever do anything they say they will.

So 口だけのカス means "pieces of s**t who are all talk".

• The chorus, by the way, says "Me? I do. Those who say 'I wanna' or 'I gotta', those people are filth. Me? I do. I do it 100%, make my voice go hoarse." – sbkgs4686 Oct 16 at 7:43
  • This makes sense, but I think the actual answer to my question is in your comment. – Kasumi Oct 16 at 13:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.