From the lyrics from this song say the following:

ねぇねぇ君~ そこのぎゃんかわ女子~

I'm having trouble figuring out what "ぎゃんかわ" means. Is maybe this is a conjugation of a verb that I don't recognize? Maybe a grammer point that I am not familar with?

ぎゃんかわ is slang for “really cute”.

ぎゃんかわ → とても可愛{かわ}いい

• Thanks, is there a general "conjugation rule" I can learn here for the slang? For instance do other ii-verbs also have this slang, what other other adjectives (verbs and nowns)? – Steven Sagona Oct 1 at 20:36
    ギャン generally means とても but I feel its idiomatic usage is fairly limited. ギャン泣き comes to mind. That said I think other compounds like ギャンこわ etc would be understandable. Either way, something noun-like comes after it. – Darius Jahandarie Oct 1 at 20:49
  • Though I guess the ギャン in ギャン泣き might actually be slightly different... – Darius Jahandarie Oct 1 at 21:04
    minnkane.com/news/3504 claims it could be from Fukuoka – Igor Skochinsky Oct 1 at 21:24
  • dic.pixiv.net/a/ぎゃんかわ Pixiv too – Igor Skochinsky Oct 1 at 21:28

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.