comic line image

Yeah, I know; everyone's favorite type of question. I just need help with making the character out.

はははっ…[sweatdrop] [?]コミにはしったぞえ。

I can't read the character before コミ.

What you read as コ is actually a small ュ, so シュミにはしった.

The precise meaning has to be determined from context, but はしった is to be understood in the figurative sense (e.g. someone "fooling around" / having fun instead of acting responsibly).

• はしった is from 走る? On the dictionary I found only that, but I can't find that meaning listed on the dictionaries I checked; if so, it's something gergal? – Mauro Sep 28 at 7:34
    @Mauro Yes, it's from 走る. I don't think this meaning is necessarily noted in the dictionary. If you say "someone is hiding from his responsibilities", you don't mean that they're hiding in a closet or behind a tree. So here, too, 趣味に走った literally means "running to his hobby/hobbies", but it doesn't mean they're literally running to basketball training or to the movies... – Earthliŋ Sep 28 at 9:17

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.