If anyone could help me make sure I don’t make a stupid white girl mistake and get the wrong thing tattooed on me that would be very appreciated!

I had two cats who died very recently and I’d like to get a tatto in their memory. I named them Tsuki and Yuki when I was 7 years old, and I would love to be able to have a tattoo of their names in Japanese kanji, along with 2 cat silhouettes.

From looking on the internet I have found 雪 for Yuki, as I do remember choosing it with the intention of it meaning ‘snow’. And I have found 月 for Tsuki as again I remember choosing it with the intention of it meaning “moon/lunar”

If anyone could help me out I would honestly be so so so grateful, these cats meant a lot to me.

You are not making a mistake as both Kanji are correct: 雪 Snow and 月 Moon. In the future if you want to verify a character I would recommend using jisho to look it up: https://jisho.org/

Good luck!

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.